We want to help each member of Fellowship Raleigh discover how the Holy Spirit has wired and gifted them for ministry. Engaging in Spiritual gift oriented kingdom service is one of the greatest adventures life has to offer.
1 Corinthians 12:1- “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.”
Romans 11:29- “For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.”
Things to Remember: This is not a test, so there are no wrong answers.
- Select the one response you feel best characterizes yourself and place a check mark in that blank.
- Do not spend too much time on any one item. Remember, it is not a test.
- Usually your immediate response is best.
- Download PDF version here
Check the items which best describe you.
1. _____ I prefer ministering by myself rather than in a group. G
2. _____ People often say I am impulsive and direct. A
3. _____ My financial resources are above average. A
4. _____ I like to counsel people on a short-term basis. D
5. _____ I am a task-oriented person. G
6. _____ I love directing other people’s work. B
7. _____ It’s natural for me to show kindness to people. E
8. _____ People learn easily from me. C
9. _____ I can be very persuasive. F
10. _____ More than 10 percent of my income goes for Christian causes. A
11. _____ People often follow my advice. D
12. _____ I normally use several books in lesson preparation. C
13. _____ I like to recruit and lead people. B
14. _____ One-on-one relationships are important to me. E
15. _____ I possess a variety of talents and abilities. G
16. _____ I want to measure everything by God’s Word. F
17. _____ Material possessions don’t mean much to me. A
18. _____ Discouraged people are encouraged by my words. D
19. _____ Being accurate and truthful are important to me. C
20. _____ I love the challenge of accomplishing an organization goal. G
21. _____ Other people’s spiritual welfare genuinely concerns me. D
22. _____ I usually make quick decisions. F
23. _____ I look for ways to help the unfortunate and downtrodden. E
24. _____ Criticism doesn’t bother me. C
25. _____ I often volunteer my time and talents to worthwhile causes. G
26. _____ I am usually self-confident. B
27. _____ I don’t expect repayment for favors I do for others. E
28. _____ I enjoy being responsible for the success of the group. B
29. _____ When a question about truth comes up, I am normally right. F
30. _____ Deadlines challenge me, and I usually meet them on time. B
31. _____ People in pain are comforted by my presence. D
Total your checks: A _____, B _____, C_____, D _____, E _____, F _____, G _____
*** Recording a 3, 4, or 5 after a letter indicates a Spiritual Gift.
Explanation of each gift
You have a strong desire to meet the needs of your family, friends and church. We love that about you! As a giver, you probably feel that the best way you can give is to offer finances or gifts to those you see in need. However, your giving may not always be financial; it may sometimes be time, energy, things, etc. You probably like to give without public recognition and usually do not want people to know who you are nor how much is given. Your motive is usually to meet real needs, not to show off or get something in return. Romans 12:13 –“Share with God’s people.”
You lead and communicate in such a way that people work harmoniously to reach goals for
God’s purpose. You enjoy being a leader and can endure adverse reaction to get the job done.
You enjoy seeing tasks complete; are able to set guidelines, schedules, policies; and can
delegate to get the work done. Romans 12:14 – “Bless those who persecute you.”
You likely enjoy more in-‐depth study of the Bible. You have the capacity to serve by making clear the truth of God’s Word with accuracy. You Love God’s Word, enjoy reading, may be a little shy of strangers, are sometimes creative and imaginative, and prefer teaching groups over individuals. You Are somewhat confident, self–‐disciplined, and can be technical. You are kind of a “nerd” because you love charts, graphs, and lists. You would sometimes rather just do research. The misuse of the Bible upsets you. You are so concerned with accuracy that you often dwell on the trivial, giving others the feeling that you give too many details. Romans 12:11 – “Keep spiritual fervor.”
You minister by giving comfort, consolation, and encouragement so people feel helped and
healed. Problems are only challenges, and you are drawn to those seeking spiritual growth. You
can share personal failures to prompt others to talk. Learning and teaching practical information
is your desire. Romans 12:12 – “Joyful, patient and faithful.”
You feel compassion for those who are suffering and perform deeds to reflect God’s love. You
are naturally drawn to hurting people, sensitive, giving, loving and desire healing. Romans
12:15-16 – “Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with mourners, live in harmony.”
Now, don’t worry; this doesn’t mean you have visions of the future. Rather, you are very discerning. You have the God-‐given ability to point out sin with the goal of repentance. You are great at telling people the truth. As a prophet you have an ability to see what’s wrong with a person, relationship, or situation. In fact, you tend to easily spot what is wrong and sometimes have to look pretty closely to find something that is right. Romans 12:9 – “Love must be sincere, hate evil, cling to good.”
You identify and meet the needs of others using personal as well as other resources. You see
needs and enjoy responding. You work best short-term and alone (do it now and quickly). You
possess endurance and stamina and have a tendency to do too much. Romans 12:10 – “Be
devoted, honor one another.”
Share with our Ministry Leadership About Your Gifts! We would love to know and help you find an area of service that matches your gifting.